Docking Grab Bar Only Appears After Float/Dock

Anyone,
Having a few problems with D5 and docking.

Main form has a TreeView and a RichEdit each inside their own DockSite - a
panel. The panels are AutoSize.

I want the "docking grab bar" to appear at all times (for consistency) but
as the 2 components are already docked at design time the grab bars do not
appear until after the first float/dock operation. If I do a manual
float/dock then the RichEdit doesn't always repaint properly.

Is there an API call or a property I can set to force the control to show
its Docking grab bar?

TIA,
Jason Robinson

Re:Docking Grab Bar Only Appears After Float/Dock

Have a look at mpDockManager.  It's not quite what you're asking, but it'll do
what you need (and a lot more).  It's at

http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/matt.palmer/

Or you could try undocking and redocking the components on the form  loading
(possibly locking the desktop window using LockWindowUpdate to stop flicker).

Regards,

George Slater

Jason Robinson wrote:
> Anyone,
> Having a few problems with D5 and docking.

> Main form has a TreeView and a RichEdit each inside their own DockSite - a
> panel. The panels are AutoSize.

> I want the "docking grab bar" to appear at all times (for consistency) but
> as the 2 components are already docked at design time the grab bars do not
> appear until after the first float/dock operation. If I do a manual
> float/dock then the RichEdit doesn't always repaint properly.

> Is there an API call or a property I can set to force the control to show
> its Docking grab bar?

> TIA,
> Jason Robinson

Other Threads