Using Paradox App with Turkish, Greek, Polish or Russian

2004-04-30 11:24:10 AM
delphi4
Hello,
I have a Delphi 7 app that uses Paradox tables (the nature of the app is that it
has a maximum of 3 users) and I have some interested users in Turkey, Poland
and Russia that want to use my app to manage data in their own language,
natively.
Am I correct in assming that if a user has the Turkish version of Windows
2000 or XP and sets the BDE language driver to Turkish, then he will be able
to use my app normally ? and that the same will be true of a Russian user,
provided he uses a Russian Windows etc ...
Thank you for any pointers,
Olivier

Re:Using Paradox App with Turkish, Greek, Polish or Russian

Yes, language for table is all what they must to switch.
If you want, I may test for russian language:-)
"Olivier Beltrami" <obeltrami at wanadoo dot fr>writes

Olivier Beltrami writes:
Hello,

I have a Delphi 7 app that uses Paradox tables (the nature of the app is that it
has a maximum of 3 users) and I have some interested users in Turkey, Poland
and Russia that want to use my app to manage data in their own language,
natively.

Am I correct in assming that if a user has the Turkish version of Windows
2000 or XP and sets the BDE language driver to Turkish, then he will be able
to use my app normally ? and that the same will be true of a Russian user,
provided he uses a Russian Windows etc ...

Thank you for any pointers,

Olivier

Changing BDE language may not be good enough as tables languages should
also be changed ?
And not only this, translating into other languages requires using for
recors values native characters different for each languages ąśżźćęółń

Re:Using Paradox App with Turkish, Greek, Polish or Russian

Changing BDE language may not be good enough as tables languages should
also be changed ?
And not only this, translating into other languages requires using for
recors values native characters different for each languages aszzceln
I am not sure I understand.
What I need is to have the user be able to enter Turkish text into my app on
a Turkish Windows PC, and then be able to see that information later either
as a report or on-screen. Would this be a problem ?

Olivier Beltrami writes:
>Changing BDE language may not be good enough as tables languages should
>also be changed ?
>And not only this, translating into other languages requires using for
>recors values native characters different for each languages aszzceln

I am not sure I understand.

What I need is to have the user be able to enter Turkish text into my app on
a Turkish Windows PC, and then be able to see that information later either
as a report or on-screen. Would this be a problem ?

Olivier

Are the data in paradox tables going to have ansistrings fields in
various languages? If so you have to use different language driver for
each language version of tables. Perhaps different language tables can
be used together in the same application, I do not know that. That is
the only problem I see so far.