ASP.NET iSeries ConAlloc Error

2007-08-04 03:37:35 AM
delphi133
Anyone have an idea about what may be causing this error:
Web page will occassionally appear with Server Error:
BdpiSeries.ConAlloc failed (Borland.Data.Common.BdpException)
Using BDS 2005 (Delphi 9) with PS.Data.iSeries.dll (version 2.2.0.0)
on iSeries i5/OS V5R4 (Issue also occurred when using V5R3).
Should I consider using an alternative driver - are there
alternatives?
Code it be a code issue?
Have BDS 2006 (Delphi 10) but not sure if we should be moving all the
code over and whether this would help solve this issue - it would
allow us to use a later version of PS.Data.iSeries.dll
I would appreciate any insight

Re:ASP.NET iSeries ConAlloc Error

Is that a "server error" or a "severe error"?
I infer the error is for a Connection Allocation from an effective
SQLConnect(). If the problem is at the server, then there would be
errors in the history and perhaps the joblog for the server job that
tried to initiate the connection. There hopefully would be an SQL error
returned to the client, if a connection even started.? Anyhow, the
first thing I'd check, is that the specified host name on the
connection request matches what the WRKRDBDIRE information says on the
server for its *LOCAL name.
I ran across some delphi web forums that at least have some activity
in '06; this NG has been nothing but spam for as long as I can recall,
at least on my news server.
Regards, Chuck
employer