Fatal Error: Unit Idxxx was compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion

2005-07-12 05:46:13 AM
delphi103
Hello,
I just installed a fresh new Delphi 6 with update 2 and RTL3. I downloaded
Indy 10.0.85 Source and compiled it. But I cannot use any of the components
because if I put any of them on a form in a new application and try to
compile I get the error in Subject.
I have to say I have not installed Indy with Delphi 6 and I have removed all
idxxx.dcu from Lib\Debug dirs, so there should be no other version of Indy
on the computer.
Can anyone help me resolve this issue?
Thanks
Tom Hagen

Re:Fatal Error: Unit Idxxx was compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion

Run the Fulld6.bat file then make sure the library path points to the
correct location.
Mike
"Tom Hagen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello,

I just installed a fresh new Delphi 6 with update 2 and RTL3. I downloaded
Indy 10.0.85 Source and compiled it. But I cannot use any of the
components because if I put any of them on a form in a new application and
try to compile I get the error in Subject.

I have to say I have not installed Indy with Delphi 6 and I have removed
all idxxx.dcu from Lib\Debug dirs, so there should be no other version of
Indy on the computer.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Re:Fatal Error: Unit Idxxx was compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion

Thanks Mike.
I already did this. No luck :(.
I have to say that I have already run their Plus Installer, Manual Install,
Compilation, Recompilation, Uninstall, Delphi Update 2 Reinstall ...
anything that was suggested in the Indy support pages. But with no luck. I
still get the same error, and I am Helples.
From Delphi Help I know that this error happens, when the dcu in error was
compiled using different System unit (and therefore RTLVersion constant).
What the Help didn't say, is how this can happen. How can one compile the
package using System version "x" and then (just after, in the same delphi
session) compile project with System version "y"? Even there is only one
System.dcu file on the computer (resp. two, one in Lib\Debug and one in Lib
dir).
Perhaps I have got really something wrong on my computer, but I want to
avoid reinstalling it.
Thanks for any advice.
Tom
"Mike B" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>píše v diskusním příspěvku

>Hello,
>
>I just installed a fresh new Delphi 6 with update 2 and RTL3. I
>downloaded Indy 10.0.85 Source and compiled it. But I cannot use any of
>the components because if I put any of them on a form in a new
>application and try to compile I get the error in Subject.
>
>I have to say I have not installed Indy with Delphi 6 and I have removed
>all idxxx.dcu from Lib\Debug dirs, so there should be no other version of
>Indy on the computer.
>
>Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Re:Fatal Error: Unit Idxxx was compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion

Sounds like there is a id*.dcu file that exists somewhere else on your
computer that Delphi is finding first.
Mike
"Tom Hagen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Thanks Mike.

I already did this. No luck :(.

I have to say that I have already run their Plus Installer, Manual
Install, Compilation, Recompilation, Uninstall, Delphi Update 2 Reinstall
... anything that was suggested in the Indy support pages. But with no
luck. I still get the same error, and I am Helples.

From Delphi Help I know that this error happens, when the dcu in error was

"Mike B" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>píse v diskusním příspěvku
>Run the Fulld6.bat file then make sure the library path points to the
>correct location.
>
>Mike
>
>"Tom Hagen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>Hello,
>>
>>I just installed a fresh new Delphi 6 with update 2 and RTL3. I
>>downloaded Indy 10.0.85 Source and compiled it. But I cannot use any of
>>the components because if I put any of them on a form in a new
>>application and try to compile I get the error in Subject.
>>
>>I have to say I have not installed Indy with Delphi 6 and I have removed
>>all idxxx.dcu from Lib\Debug dirs, so there should be no other version
>>of Indy on the computer.
>>
>>Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Re:Fatal Error: Unit Idxxx was compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion

:( I have listed all the id*.dcu files on my computer (whole disk) and found
only those just compiled with the new Indy ..

>Thanks Mike.
>
>I already did this. No luck :(.
>
>I have to say that I have already run their Plus Installer, Manual
>Install, Compilation, Recompilation, Uninstall, Delphi Update 2 Reinstall
>... anything that was suggested in the Indy support pages. But with no
>luck. I still get the same error, and I am Helples.
>
>From Delphi Help I know that this error happens, when the dcu in error
>was compiled using different System unit (and therefore RTLVersion
>constant). What the Help didn't say, is how this can happen. How can one
>compile the package using System version "x" and then (just after, in the
>same delphi session) compile project with System version "y"? Even there
>is only one System.dcu file on the computer (resp. two, one in Lib\Debug
>and one in Lib dir).
>
>Perhaps I have got really something wrong on my computer, but I want to
>avoid reinstalling it.
>
>Thanks for any advice.
>
>Tom
>
>"Mike B" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>píse v diskusním příspěvku
>>Run the Fulld6.bat file then make sure the library path points to the
>>correct location.
>>
>>Mike
>>
>>"Tom Hagen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I just installed a fresh new Delphi 6 with update 2 and RTL3. I
>>>downloaded Indy 10.0.85 Source and compiled it. But I cannot use any of
>>>the components because if I put any of them on a form in a new
>>>application and try to compile I get the error in Subject.
>>>
>>>I have to say I have not installed Indy with Delphi 6 and I have
>>>removed all idxxx.dcu from Lib\Debug dirs, so there should be no other
>>>version of Indy on the computer.
>>>
>>>Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Re:Fatal Error: Unit Idxxx was compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion

Hi,
Just to finallize this thread, I'd like to let you all know, that I've
solved the problem by reinstaling all the Delphi updates and RTL updates. I
previously installed only Update 2 and RTL 3. Now I also installed Update 1,
Update 2, RTL Update 1, RTL Update 2, RTL Update 3 all over current
installation with Update 2. Now it works.
So the answer was (take it word by word): install ALL updates and ALL RTL
updates.
Anyway thanks Mike for your help.