Facebook API for Delphi ?

2007-04-30 06:11:26 PM
delphi112
Hi,
I am looking for a component or library for connecting with the Facebook
API.
There are such libraries available for a lot of other languages, but I have
not seen
one for Delphi..
-- Dag

Re:Facebook API for Delphi ?

Dag Fjeld Edvardsen writes:

I am looking for a component or library for connecting with the
Facebook API. There are such libraries available for a lot of other
languages, but I have not seen one for Delphi..

If there is a COM wrapper for this API available (e.g. for use with VB
6) you can use it from Delphi.
--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Don't be a vampire (slash7.com/pages/vampires),

Re:Facebook API for Delphi ?

No, there is no COM library AFAIK. There is one for Visual Basic,
but only for VB.net. I tried importing it into BDS2006 thinking that
it might understand other .net languages than Delphi, but it does not
seem to like it.
It would be very nice if anyone feeling capable translated one of the
API libraries to Delphi -- Facebook is taking off like a rocket..
-- Dag
"Peter Below (TeamB)" <none>writes

Dag Fjeld Edvardsen writes:
No, there is no COM library AFAIK. There is one for Visual Basic,
but only for VB.net. I tried importing it into BDS2006 thinking that
it might understand other .net languages than Delphi, but it does not
seem to like it.
You should be able to use it in a .NET project in BDS 2006 (by adding a
reference to the assembly to the project), but not directly from a
Win32 project. You would need to use .NET tools first to create a COM
wrapper for the assembly, which you could then use in your Win32
project. Ask in the borland.public.delphi.com.interop.win32 group if
you want to explore this option.
--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Don't be a vampire (slash7.com/pages/vampires),
use the newsgroup archives :
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
groups.google.com

Re:Facebook API for Delphi ?

Thanks.
The VB.net library is a single file with the ".vb" extension.
I would not mind (much) if I had to use Delphi.Net to use the library -- I
will ask in the Delphi.Net group it they have any ideas.