Importing MS Word into RTF

2007-08-04 12:21:34 AM
delphi119
I am looking for a component that will allow me to convert MS Word into a
RTF document.
Richard

Re:Importing MS Word into RTF

I am looking for a component that will allow me to convert MS Word into a
RTF document.
Word can directly use RTF, no need to convert anything.
Oliver Townshend

Re:Importing MS Word into RTF

Oliver,
Of course I knew that. But my application reads and analyze hundreds of
documents, including Word documents. I don't want to force my clients to
open everyone of them and save each of those in RTF before being able to use
my applicaion.
Richard
"Oliver Townshend" <oliveratcodelegaldotcomdotau>writes

Richard Lavoie a écrit :
Of course I knew that. But my application reads and analyze hundreds of
documents, including Word documents. I don't want to force my clients to
open everyone of them and save each of those in RTF before being able to use
my applicaion.
Depending if you need standard RTF or MS-fashion RTF, but Word should be
able to save to MS-fashion RTF. All this conversion can be commanded by
OleAutomation, you will find help about TWordApplication (on the Servers
component page) in borland.public.delphi.oleautomation.

Re:Importing MS Word into RTF

Of course I knew that. But my application reads and analyze hundreds of
documents, including Word documents. I don't want to force my clients to
open everyone of them and save each of those in RTF before being able to
use my applicaion.
The best you could do is write a conversion program which uses OleAutomation
to open each word document and save it as RTF (elsewhere I suppose). This
is because word is 100% able to convert all properties of word into RTF, as
Microsoft defined the format for exactly this purpose.
If there are properties you don't mind losing, then maybe some of the
components at www.scalabium.com/ would help you.
As Florent, you should ask in the borland.public.delphi.oleautomation.
Oliver Townshend