Re: ElevateDB 2.0 Coming Soon

2008-02-22 04:41:29 PM
delphi213
Fons Neelen writes:
Well, quite a lot actually. Some of the bigger things are (in random
order):
Thanks.
--
Jeremy Knowles

Re: ElevateDB 2.0 Coming Soon

Hi Tim,
I'm a DBIsam 3 CS customer and I am very satisfyed with it.
There's is 2 important things that I expected vor ElevateDB V2
- Replications
- Compact framework compatibility
these 2 items make EDB a real alternative to MS SQL server, with these 2
things Pocket PCs could make syncronizations with a EDB server.
and it seems that CF is not supported so I am a little bit disapointed,
and I have to say that the support of Elevatesoft is so great that I
hope that one day I'd be able to migrate to EDB when the CF will be
implemented..
regards
John

Re: ElevateDB 2.0 Coming Soon

John,
<< and it seems that CF is not supported so I am a little bit disapointed,
and I have to say that the support of Elevatesoft is so great that I hope
that one day I'd be able to migrate to EDB when the CF will be
implemented..>>
I'm adding CF support to the 2.0 release since you're the 4th person to ask
for it in the last couple of days. <g>
--
Tim Young
Elevate Software

Re: ElevateDB 2.0 Coming Soon

Tim Young [Elevate Software] writes:
I'm adding CF support to the 2.0 release since you're the 4th person to
ask for it in the last couple of days. <g>
Oh my, now that gets my interest too, so make that 5, as long as it works
with CE 4.2 which is what most of our units are.
Is it likely we'd be able to do the replication to it?
--
Jeremy Knowles

Re: ElevateDB 2.0 Coming Soon

Tim Young [Elevate Software] writes:
Sure, the codebase is effectively the same for all platforms.
Excellent, and the fact that I do the handheld development in VS using C#
is presumably OK too, using the ADO.net so now I AM interested!!
--
Jeremy Knowles

Re: ElevateDB 2.0 Coming Soon

Jeremy,
<< Is it likely we'd be able to do the replication to it?>>
Sure, the codebase is effectively the same for all platforms.
--
Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com

Re: ElevateDB 2.0 Coming Soon

Jeremy,
<< Excellent, and the fact that I do the handheld development in VS using
C#is presumably OK too, using the ADO.net so now I AM interested!!>>
Sure, our .NET data provider integrates nicely with VS2005 and VS2008.
--
Tim Young
Elevate Software