Delphi8 and StoredProcs

2004-01-15 11:37:54 AM
delphi210
Hello,
Where would I find out information about how Delphi8 applications interface
with SQL-Server stored procedures?
Specifically, I want to understand any issues/challenges that our
"encrypted" stored procedures might cause. Either at runtime, installation,
or development.
Thanks,
Robert

Re:Delphi8 and StoredProcs

Robert
Where would I find out information about how Delphi8 applications
interface
with SQL-Server stored procedures?
I don't know if Delphi 8 is different than D5 with ADO.
The main problem I had was knowing what version a stored procedures was on
client sites. with the text encrypted it was awkward but after the
procedures were put into our version control system we managed OK. (BTW I
didn't ship the procedures encrypted, I picked up the project when that had
been done)
Functionaly we didn't have problems with encryption.
--
Mike Collier BSc( Hons) Comp Sci
Get a copy of AdoAnywhere Browser FREE if you register for the forum