Re: ADO Basics

2003-12-01 07:20:20 PM
delphi92
phil_fred writes:

I have written a project that has a backend access 2000 database and i am
using ado to deal with this in a multi user enviorment, the problem i
have is that the database is continually corrupting at present. i
We have many small (10 users or less) sites using ACCESS. We seldom
hear of corrupted databases. When we do we've learnt to check the
hardware first, perhaps thru a process of elimination.
Network cards and faulty cables are capable or wreaking real havok -
this is well documented in the MS knowledgebase.
Another cause, often not suspected, might be a faulty graphic card.
--
Pierre
Final Filer Software

Re: ADO Basics

Lots of questions but some help would be appreciated!
delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa010101a.htm
Mike Collier BSc (Hons)
ADO Browser for viewing ADO properties & events on your system.
www.adoanywhere.com
https://www.regsoft.net/regsoft/vieworderpage.php3

Re: ADO Basics

 Hello,
First post but been a delphi fan for a long fan now from Delphi 1.
I have written a project that has a backend access 2000 database and i am
using ado to deal with this in a multi user enviorment, the problem i
have is that the database is continually corrupting at present. i
currently have the permission as read/write but cannot find any
information for any other settings - like should it be share deny none or
something similar? I have users adding and updating all together , do i
need to do any checks before i post the data back or should access/jet
deal with this?
Lots of questions but some help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Phil Hutchinson