Accessing a Delphi 6 program from the internet

2007-06-07 05:30:52 AM
delphi262
could someone point me to a good example of an
application that allows internet access to it
I want to build an application that runs on a local machine
but can serve pages to another machine when requested.
Thanks

Re:Accessing a Delphi 6 program from the internet

Hello Donald,
I want to build an application that runs on a local machine
but can serve pages to another machine when requested.
Do you meant that you want to build a WebServer? If yes, there are INDY
components that will allow you to do so. The WebAppDe{*word*81} included with
Delphi is built using Indy HTTP Server component. There are probably other
components/libraries out there that you can use to do the same thing.
Since you posted the question to the WebService newsgroup, I guess, you may
be after a 'WebService' that serves pages. If that is the case I'd need
you to expand a little... like,are you referring to a CG I application or
are you after a standalone WebService? Will it serve the pages as a string
that contains HTML?
Cheers,
Bruneau.

Re:Accessing a Delphi 6 program from the internet

"Jean-Marie Babet" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello Donald,

>I want to build an application that runs on a local machine
>but can serve pages to another machine when requested.

Do you meant that you want to build a WebServer? If yes, there are INDY
components that will allow you to do so. The WebAppDe{*word*81} included with
Delphi is built using Indy HTTP Server component. There are probably other
components/libraries out there that you can use to do the same thing.

Since you posted the question to the WebService newsgroup, I guess, you
may
be after a 'WebService' that serves pages. If that is the case I'd need
you to expand a little... like,are you referring to a CG I application or
are you after a standalone WebService? Will it serve the pages as a string
that contains HTML?

Cheers,

Bruneau.

I am building an application that collects data like a datalogger. It does
this and every four hours writes the data to a new log file.
It has several screens that also display this data to the user while it is
being collected in real time.
Ok so that is the base application.
Now how would I add to this program the ability to allow a user to be served
html pages that were snap shots
of the data.
I know I can hard code the html and imbed the data into the code to create
the page,
but what mechanics are needed to serve that to a client that has sent a
request to the machine.
This is considering of course that the machine has a full time current
connection
to the internet via a direct connection or using a router and nats.