D2005 Pro Update 2

2005-06-08 01:26:13 PM
delphi228
I have downloaded the Update 2 from the Borland website and tried to
install.
I get the following error
"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because
the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a
different
version of the program......"
I have found that this error comes up when you have installed the earlier
version of Update 1,
which is what I have. I have searched all through the newsgroups and the
only solution that I can
find is to uninstall everything and then re-install from scratch and apply
only Update 2.
Are there any fixes out there that I have missed, or will I need to
reinstall from scratch?
Thanks for any help,
Luke Johnston.

Re:D2005 Pro Update 2

Luke writes:
I have downloaded the Update 2 from the Borland website and tried to
install.
I get the following error

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because
the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may
update a
different
version of the program......"
Hi Luke,
Just to make sure, you do have the correct download for your version of
Delphi (Professional)?
I made this mistake once and spent some time swearing and cursing until
I realised that the error was mine :-)
The file should be 10.5Mb and called d2005_PRO_upd2.exe
--
Robin.
<disclaimer>Not an expert </disclaimer>

Re:D2005 Pro Update 2

Hi Luke,

Just to make sure, you do have the correct download for your version of
Delphi (Professional)?

I made this mistake once and spent some time swearing and cursing until
I realised that the error was mine :-)

The file should be 10.5Mb and called d2005_PRO_upd2.exe

----
Thanks Robin,
Yep, I have downloaded the Pro version twice now (just to make sure) and is
10.5Mb
and the same filename.
Luke.

Re:D2005 Pro Update 2

Also, as a last resort before reinstalling every thing, try copying the cd's
to your harddrive and installing from there. it is been known to work in some
instances, usually because of insufficient privileges.
Good luck.
Dan
"Luke" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I have downloaded the Update 2 from the Borland website and tried to
install.
I get the following error
"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may
update a different version of the program......"
Well, in the end i uninstalled and reinstalled. This fixed the problem.
Luke Johnston.