Need information about D2005 update 3

2005-03-22 06:25:28 PM
delphi210
Could someone from Borland provide me with information about when update 3
will be available. Will it be in a month, or in a half year? I need to know
this, so I can adjust my plans for migrating to the new environment.
-Atle

Re:Need information about D2005 update 3

There must be a update 3, because it is not usable in it is current condition
for very many developers.
One of the main issues is this: qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

Atle Smelvfr writes:
There must be a update 3, because it is not usable in it is current
condition for very many developers.
There must be nothing.
Looking at Danny's blog lately has lead me to the conclusion that it is
very unlikely that there will be another update for Delphi 2005.
IMO it is far more likely that by the end of this year there will be a
new version of Delphi, yet again..

Re:Need information about D2005 update 3

As long as this version comes soon, and will have no issues like this I
would be happy. I have a software assurance deal, so new versions are free
for a yearly fee...
But a thing I do not accept is if I will have to wait for more than half a
year before I can move to new IDE with no serious speed problems. it is no
use having a software assurance if every new product has too big issues to
be used for any real development. Since this is the first multi environment
from Borland, I can forgive these problems if they fix it soon.
-Atle

Re:Need information about D2005 update 3

firstly, who said that there will be an update 3?
lol :)