IBX and upgrade from IB6 to IB75

2005-09-30 11:33:31 PM
delphi100
Hi all.
I have application developed in Delphi 6, IBExpress 6.03, Interbase 6.
I'm now going to upgrade Interbase 7.5.
The only procedure I think I need to do for this upgrade are :
1. Uninstall IB6 and Install IB75 on the server
2. Uninstall IBClient6 and Install IBClient75 on all workstations
3. Backup and restore the database
4. Run my application and smile :)
... or do I have to rebuild my application with newer version of
IBExpress ?
Thank's in advance
Snorri...

Re:IBX and upgrade from IB6 to IB75

Snorri Arnar Thorisson writes:

Hi all.
I have application developed in Delphi 6, IBExpress 6.03, Interbase 6.
I'm now going to upgrade Interbase 7.5.
The only procedure I think I need to do for this upgrade are :
.5 Backup your database using the 6.0 server
1. Uninstall IB6 and Install IB75 on the server
2. Uninstall IBClient6 and Install IBClient75 on all workstations
3. Backup and restore the database
3. Restore your database.
4. Run my application and smile :)
... or do I have to rebuild my application with newer version of
IBExpress ?
Only if you want to take advantage of 7.5 specific features or you want the 100+
bug fixes since 6.03.
The only other thing that could give you problems will be if you use as
identifiers keywords introduced since 6.0 (like boolean)
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your