Kylix to be reborn? VS for Linux announced.

2005-05-26 03:24:41 AM
delphi166
Well, it initially sounded like a VS for Windows plug-in which allowed
one to deploy a web application to Linux. Later, it sounds like an IDE.
In any case, I wonder if Delphi 2005 will get a Kylix personality.
www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1819422,00.asp

Re:Kylix to be reborn? VS for Linux announced.

Kyle A. Miller writes:
Well, it initially sounded like a VS for Windows plug-in which
allowed one to deploy a web application to Linux. Later, it sounds
like an IDE. In any case, I wonder if Delphi 2005 will get a Kylix
personality.
If you go to Mainsoft's site, it looks like an ECMA-based-IL to J2EE
converter plus a VS.NET integration. The former part, I suspect, is
intended work fairly well for any IL which doesn't call the Windows API
or in some other way depend on unmanaged code. The feature matrix makes
it clear it is for web apps only.
So I would say there's a fair chance it works with Delphi for .NET as
shipped, minus the IDE integration. But it is only a guess.
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

On 2005-05-25, Kyle A. Miller <kyle@millerdevelopment##remove#.info>writes:
Well, it initially sounded like a VS for Windows plug-in which allowed
one to deploy a web application to Linux. Later, it sounds like an IDE.
In any case, I wonder if Delphi 2005 will get a Kylix personality.

www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1819422,00.asp
Sounds like Cross Kylix : -)