Re: Delphi 2006 in Nov/Dec 2005

2005-07-29 06:38:59 AM
delphi88
Dejan Stanic writes:
>2.0 to something in the league of Visual Studio 2005 or DeXter? .NET
>2.0 support is simply one _FEATURE_.

Even if true, this is a very simplistic POV.
It is no more simplistic than Compact Framework support. Since that is
only now being added to Delphi is that a reason to have discredited
Delphi 2005 completely when comparing it to Visual Studio .NET 2003?
Personally, I don't think so. IMO, .NET 2.0 will represent a small
fraction of the overall development for at least 6 months after its
release. it is a nice-to-have feature but not essential to most
development projects out there.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Kevin Berry writes:
IMO, .NET 2.0 will represent a small
fraction of the overall development for at least 6 months after its
release. it is a nice-to-have feature but not essential to most
development projects out there.
Agreed.
LP,
Dejan

Re: Delphi 2006 in Nov/Dec 2005

I really hope I am wrong & we get one more patch for Delphi 2005.
By the way I have also placed my comment on Delphi 24 hours where there was
no mnetion of a patch while there was indeed a mention of Dexter & Delphi
2006
Venkatesh
"Dave Nottage [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I'm not saying he is wrong or right, just that *he* doesn't have the
information to be able to reach that conclusion with any certainty ie
that supposedly "all resources will be committed to Delphi 2006".

Venkatesh VT writes:
Delphi 24 hours where there was no mnetion of a patch..
I expect you're right, ie that there was no mention of one, and that
one might assume from that there won't be one. OTOH, it doesn't mean
there won't be one, either.
You know what they say about when you assume <g>
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]