Can't get Delphi 2007 installer to work

2007-03-19 04:57:27 AM
delphi125
Trying to install Delphi 2007 on new XP SP2 box, but it won't work.
The installer ran and sucessfully identified that this machine didn't
have the prerequist files installed (.NET etc) and so it downloaded
those and installed them, then it brought up the Delphi 2007 dialog box
("what features do you want to install" etc), but then it raises a
dialog "Downloading of installation data from the web has failed.
Please make sure you are connected to the internet, which I am - I can
get to the codegear web site NP on that machine.
I've tried restarting the install and turning off Windows firewall,
but still same problem.
Anyone any suggestions? I can not see any help on installing on the CG
web site, but I suppose that is understandable seeing how new Delphi 2007 is.

Re:Can't get Delphi 2007 installer to work

There was a dud version of the installer that some people got.
I did & had exactly the same problems as you.
The dud file name is Delphi2007Setup.exe
Also, the eula agreement.mentions spacely & field test.
The working version is Delphi07Setup.exe , and does not
mention spacely in the eula.
Try clearing your browser cache & re-downloading the install file.
If that doesn't work, email codegear & as they have said that they
will sort it out.
Cheers
Greeny
david_navigator,
[...]

Thanks, that seems to have fixed it. Now installing :)