VMWare and remote de{*word*81}?

2008-03-14 03:01:40 AM
delphi49
Hello,
I'm running RAD Studio in a VM Ware session which has NAT as network
setting.
If I needed to debug my application while it is running on the host,
would this be possible by using the remote de{*word*81}? If yes, anything to
consider? Which IP would I have to connect to?
(my host has 2 network cards as additional info)
Greetings
Markus

Re:VMWare and remote de{*word*81}?

Hi..
your vmware is assigned an ip like a real computer on the network. If you
run a netstat -a you can see the ip of the vmware workstation. Do the same
on the host computer. Do a ping from one to another to see if connectivity
is OK...
"Markus.Humm" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello,

I'm running RAD Studio in a VM Ware session which has NAT as network
setting.

If I needed to debug my application while it is running on the host, would
this be possible by using the remote de{*word*81}? If yes, anything to
consider? Which IP would I have to connect to?
(my host has 2 network cards as additional info)

Greetings

Markus

Re:VMWare and remote de{*word*81}?

Hello,
I have access to the host's folders by means of vm ware shares.
And: I can surf from within the VM. So I should be able to ping the host
from inside the VM Ware session with one of it is two IPs? (since he's 2
nics he's 2 ips) And if yes I could easily reach remote de{*word*81} with
this IP?
Greetings
Markus

Re:VMWare and remote de{*word*81}?

Hi,
depending on the network properties you have defined on your vm you should
be able to ping any network adapter in the same subnet ie (xx.xx.xx.???)
"Markus.Humm" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello,

I have access to the host's folders by means of vm ware shares.
And: I can surf from within the VM. So I should be able to ping the host
from inside the VM Ware session with one of it is two IPs? (since he's 2
nics he's 2 ips) And if yes I could easily reach remote de{*word*81} with this
IP?

Greetings

Markus

Re:VMWare and remote de{*word*81}?

Hello,
got it solved easily. Just enter the IP of one of those NICs of the host
inside of the VM Ware session into the address field of Attach to
process and you're up and running. I only had some annoyances:
- the process window should remember it is size if I resize it, I had
to do it everytime...
- the remote de{*word*81} attaches to the application but
immediatelly starts the CPU view. Can this be changed? I am no big
ASM developper...
- why does the remote de{*word*81} stopp the app. on connect? Can this
be made some option?
Other than that it was really helpfull!
Greetings
Markus