Maximize OLEContainer

2007-06-30 03:38:43 AM
delphi245
I should've said 3 things in my earlier post. I am also unable to maximize my
OLEContainer component for some reason. I have tried to re-align it to the
client (a panel that it sits on) and refresh it in the OnResize events of
both the form and the panel it sits on and nothing. I have even tried to
"manually" reset the width and height properties, but to no avail. Any
suggestions?

Re:Maximize OLEContainer

Mike,
I too am struggling with the OLEContainer and a Word document. I have found
it very erratic .. ie , I cant get it show any of the tool bars, it only
shows the margins and gutter markers etc. Initially it wouldn't show
anything at all for about 2 days of trying everything, then suddenly ... it
started showing something. I also tried TWebBrowser as an alternative but it
has issues with Word also. Works great for PDF where as OLEContainer sucks
with PDF ... Whats a fella to do ????
I finally gave up. I cant find any docs with reliable examples where things
acutally work in D2007. I think that it is an issue of which version of Word
you have and which version the container is willing to tollerate in the
interfaces. This is only a guess since programming in the olecontainer is
clear as mud to me anyway. If I find any reliable code I will send it your
way. Several posts here have yielded me no help at all or no response at
all. That kinda tells me that we are trying to make stone soup here and no
body wants to point it out. I am about to see if anyone has any reliable 3rd
party tools to work on MS Word docs. Office automation seems to be low on
the list of CG's priorities maybe but it makes it difficult to solve clients
needs these days. People want one seemless process and right now I cant
deliver it.
Del

Re:Maximize OLEContainer

Mike:
I wrestled with placing an OLE Container into a panel for months. First off,
you need two panels, one for the toolbar and one for the editing area. But
don't bother, after getting that far I found that when ever the container
would lose focus, the document would deactivate and wreak havoc. I believe
it can still be accomplished successfully, but you would have to also build
a "container monitor" that would have to track the focus status at ALL
times. This solution wasn't worth the effort for me.
For me the right solution was to place the OLE Container on its own form. I
use Delphi 2005 Pro and the reliability (after several months) has been very
good. So, if you can dump the panel idea, do so. Otherwise know that you've
still got a lot of work ahead of you.
Hope this helps a little,
SB
"Mike" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes