Delphi listing ODBC DNS entries

Hi.

In creating an ODBC logon screen I wish display a list of ODBC DNS entries
for the user to select from. (A combo box for example.)

I have done this before in VB, but as I am new to Delphi I cant quite see
how to do it. Can anyone help here please?

Thanks in advance.

John Bend.

Re:Delphi listing ODBC DNS entries

Sorry, the post should have refered to DSN entries.

John Bend

 <john.b...@disys.uk.com> wrote in message

> Hi.

> In creating an ODBC logon screen I wish display a list of ODBC DNS entries
> for the user to select from. (A combo box for example.)

> I have done this before in VB, but as I am new to Delphi I cant quite see
> how to do it. Can anyone help here please?

> Thanks in advance.

> John Bend.

Re:Delphi listing ODBC DNS entries

Lookup the function SQLDataSources(...) in the MSDN.
I don't have an example to hand but the function is in
Odbc32.dll. Depending on the version of Delphi you have
and other components you may have, you might have to
manage the DLL yourself.

"If you think you know the answer,
then you don't understand the question !"

> Sorry, the post should have refered to DSN entries.

> John Bend

>  <john.b...@disys.uk.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.

> > In creating an ODBC logon screen I wish display a list of ODBC DNS
entries
> > for the user to select from. (A combo box for example.)

> > I have done this before in VB, but as I am new to Delphi I cant quite
see
> > how to do it. Can anyone help here please?

> > Thanks in advance.

> > John Bend.

Other Threads