Grant access to stored procedures?

Hi all,
It seems to me that stored procedures need to have access granted to
public as tables do.  I created the stored procedure using SYSDBA, then
tried to execute it at run time as a different user, I get "catastrophic
failure".  Does anybody know if I need to grant access to stored
procedures, and how?

Thank you in advance,
Eliza

Re:Grant access to stored procedures?

Eliza wrote:

> It seems to me that stored procedures need to have access granted to
> public as tables do.

        Correct.

GRANT EXECUTE ON MY_PROC TO SOME_USER

        You can also GRANT a procedure the right to use another procedure:

GRANT EXECUTE ON MY_PROC TO SOME_OTHER_PROC

        HTH,

        -Craig

"Craig Stuntz (TeamB)" wrote:

> Eliza wrote:

> > It seems to me that stored procedures need to have access granted to
> > public as tables do.

>         Correct.

> GRANT EXECUTE ON MY_PROC TO SOME_USER

>         You can also GRANT a procedure the right to use another procedure:

> GRANT EXECUTE ON MY_PROC TO SOME_OTHER_PROC

just a small correction, note the word "procedure" - GRANT EXECUTE ON
MY_PROC TO PROCEDURE SOME_OTHER_PROC

I had been bitten by this before so I remember :-)

Best regards,
Tom
=================================

  Tomas Michalik
  ProCA, s. r. o.
  V Luzich 818, Praha 4
  Czech Republic

  e-mail: micha...@proca.cz
  tel: +420 2 67283446

Re:Grant access to stored procedures?

You can run your GRANT statements manually, or use a graphical tool like
InterBase Workbench which has a convenient Grant Manager.

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Tomas Michalk wrote:

> just a small correction, note the word "procedure" - GRANT EXECUTE ON
> MY_PROC TO PROCEDURE SOME_OTHER_PROC

> I had been bitten by this before so I remember :-)

        Thanks.  :)

        -Craig