DBF DBF DBF

i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
but without BDE

any sugestion, or some URL???????
--

_________________________________
[ raska ]

Re:DBF DBF DBF

Why would you repost your message?  The old one is still visible and you
replied to my reply.

Paul / ColumbuSoft
www.columbusoft.com

[raska] <ra...@beotel.yu> wrote in message

> i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
> but without BDE

> any sugestion, or some URL???????
> --

> _________________________________
> [ raska ]

Re:DBF DBF DBF

In article <8fkqdd$8b...@neptun.beotel.net>, [raska] <ra...@beotel.yu>
says...

> i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
> but without BDE

If you need database but DBF format is not a must You could try
TClientDataSet component provided with Delphi. It may do the job.

Pedja

Re:DBF DBF DBF

There are some 3-party dbf database engines :

1. Topaz (??)
2. Halycon (??)
3. Codebase (www.codebase.com)
4. Advantage

The first 2 compile directly into your exe file, so
jou don't have to distribute anything (cost 100$).
The third has one dll (ca. 400kb) which you have to distribute,
it also can do client-server (cost 400$).
The fourth, I don't know.
I don't know the url's for the first 2, but I know that
they all have a website, so just use a search egine.

Greetings

Rob Segerink

Predrag Supurovic wrote in message ...
>In article <8fkqdd$8b...@neptun.beotel.net>, [raska] <ra...@beotel.yu>
>says...

>> i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
>> but without BDE

>If you need database but DBF format is not a must You could try
>TClientDataSet component provided with Delphi. It may do the job.

>Pedja

Re:DBF DBF DBF

 www.grifsolu.com, or more options in Kyle Cordes's Software Site - BDE
Alternatives Guide