Multiple occurance of TSplitter on single form

I want to use several TSplitters on my form, one to divide my main form
in two sections (left and right) and another to divide the right panel
in an upper and lower part. The left splitter is doing OK but the right
one is not visible and does not dynamically split the form. I do see the
splitter icon but nothing happens.

Is this a feature of the splitter that combinations of horizontal and
vertical splitters are not allowed or should I add some code to obtain
the right behavior?

Any hint for a solutiuonis appreciated!!!!

Herman Steigstra

Re:Multiple occurance of TSplitter on single form

In article <39859A6D.13C5B...@skzl.nl>, Herman Steigstra wrote:
> I want to use several TSplitters on my form, one to divide my main form
> in two sections (left and right) and another to divide the right panel
> in an upper and lower part. The left splitter is doing OK but the right
> one is not visible and does not dynamically split the form. I do see the
> splitter icon but nothing happens.

> Is this a feature of the splitter that combinations of horizontal and
> vertical splitters are not allowed or should I add some code to obtain
> the right behavior?

Herman,

all you need is proper organization of your form layout. The right panel
has to have three controls on it: two panels or whatever you want to size
and the splitter between them. One of the sizable controls is aligned top
or bottom (and the splitter is aligned the same) and the other is aligned
to client.

Re:Multiple occurance of TSplitter on single form

In article <39859A6D.13C5B...@skzl.nl>, Herman Steigstra wrote:
> I want to use several TSplitters on my form, one to divide my main form
> in two sections (left and right) and another to divide the right panel
> in an upper and lower part.

Place a TPanel in the right panel and two further panels on it separated
by your second splitter.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB & Developer Express)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 5)
 (No unsolicited e-mail replies please)

Other Threads