BDE seems to lock with heavy use every month

Howdy,
  We are running a web based exe that uses BDE 5.01 to connect to
Oracle 8i.  The client that uses it is a realator and runs most of
thier reports at the begening of the month.  Every month it will lock
up about 2 or 3 times and the only way I can get it to work again is
to reboot our server.  It is fine the rest of the month.  We are
running windows 2k.  We can still connect to to DB, but any app that
uses BDE cannot connect.
  Thats about all the info I have on it.  I see that there is a newer
version of BDE out, but before I update it I thought I would check if
it was a know issue.

Any Ideas?
thanks allot,
bernie