HELP!!:TQuery/Local SQL Problem

I have a thorny problem involving a TQuery component and local SQL, and
I haven't come up with an elegant solution.  Here's what I need to do:

I have a database (dBASE IV) with 5 SIC code fields, and 5 "service
code" fields, as in:
SIC_1   SERVICE_1
SIC_2   SERVICE_2
SIC_3   SERVICE_3
SIC_4   SERVICE_4
SIC_5   SERVICE_5

I want to create a parameterized query where I get a parameter for each
group of fields (i.e. :SICCode and :ServiceCode) and then test whether
each parameter exists in each group of five fields, either by ANDing or
ORing.  Without using CONTAINING (and I can't - Capability not supported
!) I can't come up with a workable way of doing this with local SQL.
Any suggestions, anyone ?  This seems like it should be doable, but
perhaps I'm brain-dead today.

Ideas ???

--
Brian Corll