Corrupt lock files, Index out of date etc.

Given all the reports of such problems, I am looking for the set of
routines which will check for all these problems through the BDE, correct
them before the Delphi app itself starts. At least on a network if the
first workstation starts up, it can check all these problems, or the
checking problem might even be run on the server itself.
Does anyone know where I should start?

Re:Corrupt lock files, Index out of date etc.

I too would like the answer to these questions, were they ever
followed up ??

kjum...@aol.com (KJumoke) wrote:
>Given all the reports of such problems, I am looking for the set of
>routines which will check for all these problems through the BDE, correct
>them before the Delphi app itself starts. At least on a network if the
>first workstation starts up, it can check all these problems, or the
>checking problem might even be run on the server itself.
>Does anyone know where I should start?

Re:Corrupt lock files, Index out of date etc.

So far I have had no answers, if it continues this way I may have to seek
some damaged files and start experimenting with them

Re:Corrupt lock files, Index out of date etc.

In article <4nb2bi$...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

--
I must admit I've never seen anything like a test routine for
damaged tables and indexes. But you certainly are aware of the

But this doesn't prevent anyone from writing a routine that
test-wise executes all critical actions in/on (I hate
prepositions in foreign languages: which one is correct?) the
database with an extensive exception handling *before* any of the
'real' work is attempted.
On the other hand, you will need error checking inside of your
apps and during their normal execution anyway (at least if they
are to be deployed somewhere out of your direct access), and this
should also allow executing the repair routines.

If anyone knows of a component that bundles typical checking
actions and some worked-out exception handling, I would
appreciate getting my hands on it, too. :-))

Bye, mq

Markus Quandt                  a2137...@athena.rrz.uni-koeln.de
Cologne, Germany