D3, FoxPro, DESCEND(), Invalid Index Descriptor

I have a clipper application that has a table using DESCEND() in the index.
 Working great in clipper but I get an Invalid Index Descriptor in Delphi
3.  Any thoughts.  I can not change the index because of the legacy
application.

TABLE USING FOXPRO CDX INDEX

TAG1     CODE
TAG2     NAME
TAG3     CITY + DESCEND( CATEgory ) + NAME

Thanks for any help

Re:D3, FoxPro, DESCEND(), Invalid Index Descriptor

B. Franklin wrote:

> I have a clipper application that has a table using DESCEND() in the index.
>  Working great in clipper but I get an Invalid Index Descriptor in Delphi
> 3.  Any thoughts.  I can not change the index because of the legacy
> application.

> TABLE USING FOXPRO CDX INDEX

> TAG1     CODE
> TAG2     NAME
> TAG3     CITY + DESCEND( CATEgory ) + NAME

> Thanks for any help

Have a look at Griffin Solutions' Halcyon downloadable from

http://www.grifsolu.com

- hope I have spelled that right. I saw it referred to in one of the
postings here and the full version including source ( mangled but still
source ) is downloadable for eval from their site.

You can even mix and match xbase (Clipper, Foxpro,dbase 111, dbase 1V
)files indexes in the one running application.

All the best with it

John Dent

Other Threads