How to use InterBase array definitions in Delphi

I'm currently writing a program that uses array's of integers to store
matrices for calculations, the problem is if I want to retrieve an array
from the InterBase Database I've created, I can't find out what size it
is and how many dimension.
I don't want to hard program the solution into my code. I want to be
able to re-use it.
Is there an easy way (prefferably as a component) that will let me
handle these array just as other database fields?

Are there any other ways than an EXEC SQL statement to retrieve these
array?

Thanx,

Michael

Slight (23:234:23 28-11-96)

Re:How to use InterBase array definitions in Delphi

Someone from Borland sent me a component to read IB array fields. I haven't
had much opportunity to work with it. I would be glad to send it to you.
Please email me if you would like it.

Rod Cullison - RCul...@worldnet.att.net
TRIAD Desktop Solutions, Inc.

slight(ly mad) <pmich...@pi.net> wrote in article <329E1143....@pi.net>...

> I'm currently writing a program that uses array's of integers to store
> matrices for calculations, the problem is if I want to retrieve an array
> from the InterBase Database I've created, I can't find out what size it
> is and how many dimension.
> I don't want to hard program the solution into my code. I want to be
> able to re-use it.
> Is there an easy way (prefferably as a component) that will let me
> handle these array just as other database fields?

> Are there any other ways than an EXEC SQL statement to retrieve these
> array?

> Thanx,

> Michael

gaze of the night, a raven's wing as bright as tin, then you my darling,
would be darker than a sin]<<<<

> Slight (23:234:23 28-11-96)

Other Threads