InstallShieldXpress MSDE 2000 Merge modules

Hi all,
I have recently created a sucessful install routine for my application which
includes an MSDE 1.0 Merge module. I would now like toalso creat one with
MSDE 2000 merge module.
Unfortunantly i seem to be having problems.
The error i get is "1606 Could not access network location C:\MSSQL\."

I have selected all of the default settings in the Merge module. But still
get an error like the above regardless of where i ask it to put the
installation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Stuart

Re:InstallShieldXpress MSDE 2000 Merge modules

Hi again Stuart

Not an answer but a suggestion . . . you might have more luck on the Delphi
ADO or SQL Server newsgroups. You could also try the MS MSDE newsgroup or MS
SQL Server newsgroup.

Lauchlan.

> I have recently created a sucessful install routine for my application
which
> includes an MSDE 1.0 Merge module. I would now like toalso creat one with
> MSDE 2000 merge module.
> Unfortunantly i seem to be having problems.
> The error i get is "1606 Could not access network location C:\MSSQL\."

> I have selected all of the default settings in the Merge module. But still
> get an error like the above regardless of where i ask it to put the
> installation.

Re:InstallShieldXpress MSDE 2000 Merge modules

Hey Lachlan,
thanks, but ive managed to sort it out. It was a little confusing, but it
seems that i needed to select everything associated with MSDE 2000 when you
are adding the merge modules in Installshield.
Came across another problem as well. When it puts MSDE 2000 down it sets it
up with Windows authentication only.
So i needed to run a small script to modify the
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer] LoginMode key to = 2
rather than 1 to allow for both.
They certainly tightened it up from MSDE 1.0.

Thanks again
Stu

"Lauchlan M" <LMackin...@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi again Stuart

> Not an answer but a suggestion . . . you might have more luck on the
Delphi
> ADO or SQL Server newsgroups. You could also try the MS MSDE newsgroup or
MS
> SQL Server newsgroup.

> Lauchlan.

> > I have recently created a sucessful install routine for my application
> which
> > includes an MSDE 1.0 Merge module. I would now like toalso creat one
with
> > MSDE 2000 merge module.
> > Unfortunantly i seem to be having problems.
> > The error i get is "1606 Could not access network location C:\MSSQL\."

> > I have selected all of the default settings in the Merge module. But
still
> > get an error like the above regardless of where i ask it to put the
> > installation.

Other Threads