Telnet Server

Hi all,

Why TelnetServer doesn't send echo for my telnet client ?
How i can solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot

Rodrigo

Re:Telnet Server

Did your client negotiate echo (local or remote) with the server?

The telnet protocol is more than just reading and writing text.  When you
first connect to a telnet server, it will negotiate with your client as to
what options both the client and server support and will utilize.
Additionally, these command characters can be embedded in the data stream to
your server throughout the entire session to change all sorts of attributes
and such.

If this is the INDY Telnet Server, and you have the source, check to see if
this negotiation is occuring.

If you are using a conventional telnet server (i.e. a Linux box) but your
own custom telnet client.  Then, you many need to see if your client is
supporting echo.  I suggest you read up on the telnet protocol by
referencing the most relevent RFC.

Cheers,

Charles

"Rodrigo Moreno" <rodrm...@terra.com.br@> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> Why TelnetServer doesn't send echo for my telnet client ?
> How i can solve this problem ?

> Thanks a lot

> Rodrigo

Other Threads