Delphi 5 - Duplicated rows in DBGRID whith Oracle8

Hi,

I have an Oracle Table of People describe by the following Columns :
ID NUMERIC(10,0)
NAME VARCHAR2(50)

The values of column 'NAME' contains uppercase Letters.

I will show in a DBGrid the people list order by NAME.

I have defined the following association :

TDBGrid -> TDataSource -> TTable -> TDatabase -> DBE -> Oracle Table PEOPLE

After the TTable opening, I have more duplicated rows in my DBGrid. (Only
when I define the property 'INDEXFIELDNAME' whith 'NAME').

Precision :
- I don't want use a TQuery in stade the TTable.
- I have tried the all BDE LANGDRIVER and the result was the same.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Emmanuel,

Re:Delphi 5 - Duplicated rows in DBGRID whith Oracle8

In article <87rflg$kp...@minus.oleane.net>,
  "Emmanuel Potet" <emmanuel.po...@terreneuve.fr> wrote:
> Hi,

> I have an Oracle Table of People describe by the following Columns :
> ID NUMERIC(10,0)
> NAME VARCHAR2(50)

> The values of column 'NAME' contains uppercase Letters.

> I will show in a DBGrid the people list order by NAME.

> I have defined the following association :

> TDBGrid -> TDataSource -> TTable -> TDatabase -> DBE -> Oracle Table
PEOPLE

> After the TTable opening, I have more duplicated rows in my DBGrid.
(Only
> when I define the property 'INDEXFIELDNAME' whith 'NAME').

> Precision :
> - I don't want use a TQuery in stade the TTable.
> - I have tried the all BDE LANGDRIVER and the result was the same.

> Thanks in advance for suggestions.

> Emmanuel,

  Hi, Emmanuel

  I think, this is a problem with BDE. I had the same problem using
Interbase or MSSQL server. Try the following:
  INDEXFIELDNAMES = 'NAME;ID'.

  Robi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Delphi 5 - Duplicated rows in DBGRID whith Oracle8

I have had similar problems.
After installing BDE 5.10 with Oracle 8.0.5 client all problems were gone...

Other Threads