Delphi 4 access violation debugging Oracle connections

My colleagues are able to compile and run within Delphi 4 an application
that connects to an Oracle database.
The application has a database component and an sql query component.

I am can compile the program inside Delphi and run the application outside
Delphi from a shortcut.

HOWEVER - if I run the program within Delphi - when I press a button to
connect to the ORACLE database I get an access violation error message:

    access violation at 0x4be43581: read of address 0xfff26308
    83 3A 00 74 63 E8 36 6B FF FF 64 8B

The code attached to the connect button is as follows

     Database1.Connected:=True;
end;

I have removed and re-installed Delphi several times and still get this
problem.
All my Oracle applications work fine - provided I don't run them from within
the IDE.

Any ideas? please.....

Craig.

Re:Delphi 4 access violation debugging Oracle connections

Craig Timms wrote in message

<924170894.24107.0.nnrp-04.9e982...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>HOWEVER - if I run the program within Delphi - when I press a button to
>connect to the ORACLE database I get an access violation error message:

>    access violation at 0x4be43581: read of address 0xfff26308
>    83 3A 00 74 63 E8 36 6B FF FF 64 8B

It is Oracle Trace that is preventing Delphi from debugging.

Rename or remove the registry entry OTRACE73 (for oracle 7.3) OTRACE80 (for
oracle 8).

This is found in Windows NT under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE.

Removing this will allow Delphi + Oracle C/S applications to be debugged.

No thanks to Oracle for the solution to this problem.

Tony.

Other Threads