Using MAPI mail

I want my app to send mail through MAPI and to gain access to the MAPI
folders, regardless of whether the user has MS Outlook or MS Outlook
express. So I can't use the Automation server of Outlook.

In MSDN I find all those MAPI interfaces that should allow me to do this,
but in my Delphi installation I find no unit that defines them. Are they
available from Borland or otherwise?

Peter

Re:Using MAPI mail

www.google.com

And search for
DELPHI + MAPI

"Peter Laman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]
| I want my app to send mail through MAPI and to gain access to the MAPI
| folders, regardless of whether the user has MS Outlook or MS Outlook
| express. So I can't use the Automation server of Outlook.
|
| In MSDN I find all those MAPI interfaces that should allow me to do this,
| but in my Delphi installation I find no unit that defines them. Are they
| available from Borland or otherwise?
|
| Peter

Re:Using MAPI mail

"Peter Laman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]

> I want my app to send mail through MAPI and to gain access to the MAPI
> folders, regardless of whether the user has MS Outlook or MS Outlook
> express. So I can't use the Automation server of Outlook.

> In MSDN I find all those MAPI interfaces that should allow me to do this,
> but in my Delphi installation I find no unit that defines them. Are they
> available from Borland or otherwise?

> Peter

Peter,

You really should take a look at the JEDI mail component, in fact, the
entire JEDI VCL component library.  It's free, you just have to mention them
in your doc's and ap, and provide a link to their components so your end
user can download them too (but make sure you read and execute the license
agreement yourself!).  If you do get them, be sure to look at the
MailExample project in the 'examples' directory.  You set 5 or 6 properties
in the mail component and your done.  Get the JCL non-VCL code library too.
You'll be very happy you did.  Use the link below.

www.delphi-jedi.org

(To TeamB, I hope recommending the JEDI components on this forum is alright.
If not, let me know and I'll stop.  My only affiliation with the JEDI group
is as a delighted user of their components and code library.)

thx

Re:Using MAPI mail

Extended MAPI headers are available on my site (url below, click OutlookSpy,
then resources).
Note that OE does not support Extended MAPI, only Outlook 97/98/2000/2002
do. The only API exposed by OE is Simple MAPI, but it only allows to
enumerate messages in the Inbox, not in any other folder.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"Peter Laman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]
> I want my app to send mail through MAPI and to gain access to the MAPI
> folders, regardless of whether the user has MS Outlook or MS Outlook
> express. So I can't use the Automation server of Outlook.

> In MSDN I find all those MAPI interfaces that should allow me to do this,
> but in my Delphi installation I find no unit that defines them. Are they
> available from Borland or otherwise?

> Peter

Re:Using MAPI mail

<<Robert Oschler:
To TeamB, I hope recommending the JEDI components on this
forum is alright.

It's absolutely fine, I think, when it's an appropriate
answer to a question, as here.

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs