Refresh Component, and refreshing tables for another user

I thought I once heard of a refresh component that I could possibly use to
refresh other table components that are connected to the same database
table.

I have found a fairly good way to do this without this component but am
thinking the component might make it a lot easier and more methodical.

Currently I use some code that checks all the tables in a particular session
(I think it was a session and not database) and if the have the same table
open (ie tablename property) as the table that was just modified then that
table is refreshed.

I am also interested in finding a way to refresh table components for all
users that are connected over a peer to peer network to the table that has
been modified.

I am using Delphi V3.

Any help extremely appreciated

Leon SInagra.

PS am happy to supply some of my coding on this.

Re:Refresh Component, and refreshing tables for another user

It depends on the table type you are using. If you are using Paradox
tables, setting LocalShare to true stops the BDE from caching the
updates and they should be seen by all users fairly quickly. If you
use an SQL database, don't use transactions or cached updates and they
should also be seen quickly.

Woody

Leon Sinagra wrote in message <71s9dt$e...@forums.borland.com>...
>I thought I once heard of a refresh component that I could possibly
use to
>refresh other table components that are connected to the same
database
>table.

>I have found a fairly good way to do this without this component but
am
>thinking the component might make it a lot easier and more
methodical.

>Currently I use some code that checks all the tables in a particular
session
>(I think it was a session and not database) and if the have the same
table
>open (ie tablename property) as the table that was just modified then
that
>table is refreshed.

>I am also interested in finding a way to refresh table components for
all
>users that are connected over a peer to peer network to the table
that has
>been modified.

>I am using Delphi V3.

>Any help extremely appreciated

>Leon SInagra.

>PS am happy to supply some of my coding on this.

Re:Refresh Component, and refreshing tables for another user

Try autoref.zip from www.delphipages.com (under database tools)or directly
from the authors home page at http://web.horizontes.com.br/~demian/

Other Threads