Delphi And Clipper

Yes it's true.

I am currently beginning work on a Delphi implementation of a Clipper
system and as both will have to work together it is easier to use the
original Clipper dbfs. What I would like to know is HAS ANYONE GOT
experience with clipper dbfs and INDEXES.

The only short cut that I know of is to force the Clipper imp to use
.ndx indexes and use the basic MS dBase ODBC drivers. Are there any
smoother methods ( Buy-in ODBC or BDE drivers??)

Thanks in advance

Tim

Please Reply to u9323...@sys.uea.ac.uk or here (Ta)

Re:Delphi And Clipper

Tim Davies wrote:

> Yes it's true.

> I am currently beginning work on a Delphi implementation of a Clipper
> system and as both will have to work together it is easier to use the
> original Clipper dbfs. What I would like to know is HAS ANYONE GOT
> experience with clipper dbfs and INDEXES.

> The only short cut that I know of is to force the Clipper imp to use
> .ndx indexes and use the basic MS dBase ODBC drivers. Are there any
> smoother methods ( Buy-in ODBC or BDE drivers??)

> Thanks in advance

> Tim

> Please Reply to u9323...@sys.uea.ac.uk or here (Ta)

Shouldn't a Foxpro 2.5 ODBC connect work against
the NTX files?  I believe I tried that and it
worked OK...at least I think so...
--
Bruce Goldstein
Software Engineer

Re:Delphi And Clipper

<31BD9346.4...@sys.uea.ac.uk>...

> I am currently beginning work on a Delphi implementation of a Clipper
> system and as both will have to work together it is easier to use the
> original Clipper dbfs. What I would like to know is HAS ANYONE GOT
> experience with clipper dbfs and INDEXES.

Have you considered Apollo 2.0 from SuccessWare? Supports Clipper, FoxPro,
and HiPer-Six files and indexes. Try there web site:
http://www.gosware.com

Good luck,
Trey Campbell

Re:Delphi And Clipper

In article <31BD9346.4...@sys.uea.ac.uk>, t.j.dav...@sys.uea.ac.uk
says...

>I am currently beginning work on a Delphi implementation of a Clipper
>system and as both will have to work together it is easier to use the
>original Clipper dbfs.

Try Apollo from SuccessWare (www.gosware.com).

Re:Delphi And Clipper

<snipedesnipsnip>

> Shouldn't a Foxpro 2.5 ODBC connect work against
> the NTX files?  I believe I tried that and it
> worked OK...at least I think so...
> --

The best solution is probably the apollo driver from Succesware.
This will enable you to keep working with the clipper NTX files!
I have tried the demo they have (still 16 bit, they promised 32 bit)
and it really worked great. You get to keep the delphi way of
accessing databases and an better speed compared to BDE

Hope this helps!
Arend

Other Threads