TTable.Locate method, any experts on this?

hello,

does anyone have any expertise on TTable.Locate.  i have picked my brain
dry attempting to get it to work in the simplest instances.  i am using
apollo dll to access FoxPro datafiles.  but locate should equally work.

the online help states that the current record pointer should move to
that record if found in the condition, else stand still if not found.
it should be independent of indexes, but will use them if available.

also could you please provide any information on multi-field conditions
of locate which will use the variant array method for the keyvalues.
thank you in advance and please also email me your response.
--
grace and peace.

lucas
lu...@rutchem.rutgers.edu
http://chmwww.rutgers.edu/~lucas

may the wind be at your back .. .  .   .    .      .        .          .

Re:TTable.Locate method, any experts on this?

lucas <lu...@rutchem.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> does anyone have any expertise on TTable.Locate.  i have picked my brain
> dry attempting to get it to work in the simplest instances.  i am using
> apollo dll to access FoxPro datafiles.  but locate should equally work.

Have you tried using TApollo.Locate method instead of TTable.Locate?

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Re:TTable.Locate method, any experts on this?

lucas <lu...@rutchem.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>hello,
>does anyone have any expertise on TTable.Locate.  i have picked my brain
>dry attempting to get it to work in the simplest instances.  i am using
>apollo dll to access FoxPro datafiles.  but locate should equally work.
>the online help states that the current record pointer should move to
>that record if found in the condition, else stand still if not found.
>it should be independent of indexes, but will use them if available.
>also could you please provide any information on multi-field conditions
>of locate which will use the variant array method for the keyvalues.
>thank you in advance and please also email me your response.
>--
>grace and peace.
>lucas
>lu...@rutchem.rutgers.edu
>http://chmwww.rutgers.edu/~lucas
>may the wind be at your back .. .  .   .    .      .        .          .

Lucas,

Have you found a resolution yet?? I am playing with Table.Locate
myself and it works fine except for the following quirk.... There are
two available Options for use, loPartialKey and loCaseInsensitive.
I cannot get them both to work simultaneously. IOW, if I have
loCaseInsensitive in the Options set, the loPartialKey will not work
and I will have to type in the full key.

Do you have similar problems?? The Help file does not mention that
these two options cannot be used together....

May the Force be with you oh Luc...as

Joe

Other Threads