Installing UDFs on Interbase (Unix)

We are running Interbase 4.0 on SCO Unix.

There is some documentation on adding UDF's but not enough.

How do you do the linking?  Do you relink the inet_server, isql,
gds_pipe, etc?  Does anyone have their make files available?
The only makefile examples that came with the software are for Version 3
and do not work with Version 4.

BTW, what about the suggestion by Borland that you not put the UDF's in a
shared library?  Should this be heeded?
Thanks,

Henry B. Smith,   Richardson TX (h...@juno.com)

Re:Installing UDFs on Interbase (Unix)

Henry B. Smith wrote:

> We are running Interbase 4.0 on SCO Unix.

> There is some documentation on adding UDF's but not enough.

Theres some good stuff on UDF's at www.mers.com.  I haven't used them
myself, but they have a fair bit to say.

Oliver Townshend
Sashalom Pty Limited

Other Threads