Help - Same Exe started from the Explorer and started inside Delphi behave different

All last day I am debugging a real strange error. When I start my
project within Delphi, I get an access violation in some method of a
class. I can't say what really happens: Debugging into the Create-method
of that class I can break at the begin statement. When I go further I am
gone...
Another strange thing: When I start that exe from the explorer
everything is okay!

I also tried to use that class in a new project without anything else
and it works even when I start it from Delphi.

So I really don't know what else to try. Any hints - any experiences?

Thanks so much
Hans-Peter
| Hans-Peter Haberlandner       mailto:h...@technodat.co.at    |
| Technodat CAD/CAM             Phone: +43 - (0)662-454944-670 |
| Jakob Haringer-Strasse 6      FAX:   +43 - (0)662-454944-9   |
| A-5020 Salzburg                                              |

Re:Help - Same Exe started from the Explorer and started inside Delphi behave different

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:47:12 +0100, Hans-Peter Haberlandner

<h...@technodat.co.at> wrote:
>All last day I am debugging a real strange error. When I start my
>project within Delphi, I get an access violation in some method of a
>class. I can't say what really happens: Debugging into the Create-method
>of that class I can break at the begin statement. When I go further I am
>gone...
>Another strange thing: When I start that exe from the explorer
>everything is okay!

I would generally attribute differences in behavior depending upon
environment to subtle bugs (principally, unitialized pointers) in my
program..

Other Threads