Report Smith - Data saving in report file

Hello,

I have problems with Report Smith !!
We created a report with direct access to our Sybase SQL Anywhere
DB-server.
When I now reload this report, all the data will be refreshed !!

This is good in some case, the report is always actual !!

But in some cases, I want to hold the report exactly in the same stile
as it is. Everything must be the same, for example, the number of
records, paging, ....

Can I save a report with data ???
Can I reproduce a report with the old data when data has changed ????

Thanks for every help, even if you say that this won't go !!

Thomas Auer
http://www.infos.de/~tauer

Re:Report Smith - Data saving in report file

Thomas Auer wrote:
> This is good in some case, the report is always actual !!

> But in some cases, I want to hold the report exactly in the same stile
> as it is. Everything must be the same, for example, the number of
> records, paging, ....

> Can I save a report with data ???
> Can I reproduce a report with the old data when data has changed ????

> Thanks for every help, even if you say that this won't go !!

> Thomas Auer
> http://www.infos.de/~tauerHere is a really klutzy way to do it, but it might actually work..

(depending on whether you want to print it everytime you want to look at
it..)

Set up a printer under Windows that is the exact same configuration as
your current printer EXCEPT that it will print to FILE instead of LPT1:
Then when you want to save the report print it to that printer instead of
the real one...  When you want to print that just copy it to LPT1:  Of
course it is absurd to have to do something this way, but then everytime
I load reportsmith I expect to have to do something absurd to make it do
what I want it to.  If anyone has a better way of doing this please let
me know!

Jason A. Loucks
lou...@andrews.edu

Other Threads