Derived fields in Report Smith 2.5

Is it me, or do the examples in Report Smith's help not match what shows on
screen?  For instance, if help is selected when creating a derived field, the
screen snapshot seems to indicate that one can perform the SumField$ function
on a derived field.  Attempting this, however, produces no results.

My problem is this: I have several fields that are macro-derived, and want to
sub-total these under different groups.  Getting macro-derived information to
show properly in group headers/footers was another headache, but I got around
that.  Any ideas on how to sum macro-derived fields for sub-totals?

Hope I've stated the problem clearly enough...

Thanks.

Christopher L. Archer              Waiting is not mere hoping, it is
[email protected]                an inner certainty.  (I Ching)