Placing URL Link and Email Link on Delphi Form

Ok, here's one that I'm sure is an easy one for most of you:

1. How do I place a link to a URL on a Delphi form? Specifically, in my
app's About Box I would like to place a TLabel with our website URL and
allow the user to click on it to open the default browser and go to our
site.

2. How do I do the same thing with our email address? That is to say, allow
the user to click on it and have it open the default email application and
populate the email address field?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Re:Placing URL Link and Email Link on Delphi Form

Hi !

uses ShellApi ;
ShellExecute ( 0,'OPEN', PChar(URL), nil, nil, SW_SHOW );

To start sending a mail put 'MailTo:Youraddress@YourHost'  in URL ;

Regards.

Re:Placing URL Link and Email Link on Delphi Form

Yeah, and to make it look cool, make it blue underlined text, change the
cursor to crHand, and respond to the click event ;-).

Have a great day!

Ernest
(efairch...@home.com)
_____________________
"A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be."

Visit my website at http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf

"Martin RODOT" <MRo...@MRIT.Qom> wrote in message news:3b0d20fd$1_1@dnews...
> Hi !

> uses ShellApi ;
> ShellExecute ( 0,'OPEN', PChar(URL), nil, nil, SW_SHOW );

> To start sending a mail put 'MailTo:Youraddress@YourHost'  in URL ;

> Regards.

Re:Placing URL Link and Email Link on Delphi Form

Ho !

Yes it was obvious and I don't think it was the question.

I have easily made components for this.

If Mr. Borland is reading, we could just suggest him to include such very
useful components in next release...

Have a great night !

"Ernest Fairchild" <efairch...@home.com> a crit dans le message news:
3b0d5a6a$1_1@dnews...

> > Hi !

> > uses ShellApi ;
> > ShellExecute ( 0,'OPEN', PChar(URL), nil, nil, SW_SHOW );

> > To start sending a mail put 'MailTo:Youraddress@YourHost'  in URL ;

> > Regards.

Other Threads