Modifying Palette on 256 Color Bitmap

Laurie:

G'Day
  Laurie <l...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:37FD4B9F.2631A301@iinet.net.au...
  I have a 256 colour bitmap used for data representation, not as a photo.  Each pixel represents a value, and the palette is used to show as a scale.  i.e. for a grey scale image, black=0, white=100.
You might try the AnimatePalette links at
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/Win32API.htm

For other Delphi Color Palette info, look at Section A of
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/Algorithms.htm

While working with strictly data, I have learned that if you create a palette and then
fill in the scanlines, all seems to work OK.  If I remember correctly, the Scanline
Tech Note shows this:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/ImageProcessing/Scanline.htm

Good luck!  (Palettes are not fun to work with)

___
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA