Multithreaded GUI application with ADO freezes - need help

I am building a simple test application to simulate multiuser load on the
SQL 6.5 table with UPDATE and DELETE triggers.

For that I created an app that fires a specified nuber of threads.
Each thread object has its own form on which to display a running count of
UPDATE statements fired into the database. I dropped ADOCOnnection and
ADOCommand on the form so every thread has its own database connection.

Without forms threads run fast no matter how many (tested up to 10).
With those forms I can run 3 threads and they respond to mouse events. 4
threasd they start Okay but after moving one of them or after about a minute
they stop responding. 5-6 threads do not respond to my attempts to press
buttons on the forms or move them over the screen. CPU load never goes above
average of 35-45% (with 6 threads). There is plenty of free memory.

What can be causing a problem?

Alex

Re:Multithreaded GUI application with ADO freezes - need help

Forgot to mention that it's a D5 application and it runs under NT4.0 sp6a.

"Alexei Malmyguine" <nospam.alex...@usa.net> wrote in message

> I am building a simple test application to simulate multiuser load on the
> SQL 6.5 table with UPDATE and DELETE triggers.

Other Threads