Creating Windows Group & Item's

I'm writing a custom install for our application.  I was wondering how to
create a Windows 3.1 group icon in the Program Manager, and place items
inside of that group (from inside my delphi 1 app, of course)?  I've search
the Win API a little, and can't seem to find the functions.

Also, how do you create Start menu items from inside a delphi application?

Thanks,
Jesse

Re:Creating Windows Group & Item's

In article <6e99nq$dl...@forums.borland.com>, Jesse Castleberry wrote:
> I was wondering how to
> create a Windows 3.1 group icon in the Program Manager, and place items
> inside of that group (from inside my delphi 1 app, of course)?

You engage in a DDE conversation with PROGMAN to create groups and icons.
One of the sample applications that came with Delphi 1 had an example for
this. The DDE commands available are described under "Shell dynamic data
exchange" (or similar) in the win16 helpfile, you can find the item by
searching for PROGMAN. The method also works (for compatibility reasons) on
Win95 and NT. To create an entry in the start menu you would have to use
the Explorer shell COM objects, however (IShellLink) and some of the
required functions (like the one for finding the start menu folder) are
win32 only. Using them from Delphi 1 would be cumbersome.