Delphi2 and Delphi4 problems using TBatchMove with ORACLE 8

Kfhc wrote:

> I'm having problems moving data from a TQuery result dataset into a table on an
> Oracle 8.0.3  and 8.0.5 database.  I keep getting the follwing errors:
>           1) ORA 904:Invalid Column Name
>           2) BDE error 9729

>  I've  had no problem moving the data into a Paradox table.

   I had some problems with upper and lower case. My paradox fieldnames
was made with lower and upper case (ex. "SupplierCode"). When I
converted to Oracle with DataPump, it create the column names with
lower/upper case. In that way, I had to access the column names with
quotes.

  Ex: select 'SupplierCode' from supplier

  To overcome the problem, i had to make a program to create the "CREATE
TABLE" statement with upper cases.

  I hope it helps.

                Josir Gomes
                Rio-Brazil.
     Josir.

Re:Delphi2 and Delphi4 problems using TBatchMove with ORACLE 8

I'm having problems moving data from a TQuery result dataset into a table on an
Oracle 8.0.3  and 8.0.5 database.  I keep getting the follwing errors:
          1) ORA 904:Invalid Column Name
          2) BDE error 9729

 I've  had no problem moving the data into a Paradox table.

Thanks,
Michael Regpala

Other Threads