Using LPT from Pas f Win

Hi folks!

We have 5 year old PASCALl code for DOS  to read measurement data
out of a self-made device by using LPT1. The the nice and simple word
PORT does
all we want.

Now we have to make this programm looking better and we have Borland
Pascal for Windows 1.0. I am not happy about these OPEN_COMM,
READ_COMM procedures. It doesent work a little bit. I tried to open
LPT,
but the negative return values are not documented in my manual.

My questions:

1. Are there additionally possibilities for me to exchange data over
LPT?

2. Does anybody know about a running routine, I only have to change a
bit?

3. Is there a list of the meaning of the return values of OPEN_COMM?

Thanx

Andreas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Goser
Lehrstuhl fuer Mess- und Regelungstechnik