Board index » delphi » hints in delphi 3

hints in delphi 3

Hi!

How I enter a new line char (LF, CR, #13 etc.) for hint in the object
inspector?

Thanks. Florian

--
Florian Schaeffer, Naunynstrasse 54, D - 10999 Berlin-Kreuzberg
Tel. privat: 030/615 25 45
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schlumpf/

Wir muessen lernen unsere Traeume zu leben, statt vom Leben zu traeumen.

 

Re:hints in delphi 3


In article <6dgpto$g0...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>,

Quote
floho...@linux.zrz.tu-berlin.de (Florian Schaeffer) writes:
>How I enter a new line char (LF, CR, #13 etc.) for hint in the object
>inspector?

You can't, but you can put . . .

Edit1.Hint := 'Hello' + #13#10 + 'There';

. . . in the FormCreate event handler.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Re:hints in delphi 3


Quote
AlanGLLoyd wrote in message

<19980303204700.PAA16...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

Quote
>In article <6dgpto$g0...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>,
>floho...@linux.zrz.tu-berlin.de (Florian Schaeffer) writes:

>>How I enter a new line char (LF, CR, #13 etc.) for hint in the object
>>inspector?

>You can't, but you can put . . .

>Edit1.Hint := 'Hello' + #13#10 + 'There';

>. . . in the FormCreate event handler.

>Alan Lloyd
>alangll...@aol.com

    #13 is the new line character ie Example:

Edit1.Text := 'CPU Main';
........
MessageDlg(Edit1.Text + #13 + 'is on alert.', mtWarning, [mbOk], 0);

Will print on the dialog as:
CPU Main
is on alert.
Questions?
Stephen @
Seventh Domain Softwarespr...@gte.net

Re:hints in delphi 3


Doesn't the hint field in the Object Inspector have a button at the end
'...', if so there you can enter multiple line hints.

HTH

  Roel

Quote
Florian Schaeffer <floho...@linux.zrz.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

: Hi!

: How I enter a new line char (LF, CR, #13 etc.) for hint in the object
: inspector?

: Thanks. Florian

: --
: Florian Schaeffer, Naunynstrasse 54, D - 10999 Berlin-Kreuzberg
: Tel. privat: 030/615 25 45
: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schlumpf/

: Wir muessen lernen unsere Traeume zu leben, statt vom Leben zu traeumen.

Re:hints in delphi 3


Quote
In article <19980303204700.PAA16...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, alangll...@aol.com (AlanGLLoyd) wrote:
>In article <6dgpto$g0...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>,
>floho...@linux.zrz.tu-berlin.de (Florian Schaeffer) writes:
>>How I enter a new line char (LF, CR, #13 etc.) for hint in the object
>>inspector?
>You can't, but you can put . . .
>Edit1.Hint := 'Hello' + #13#10 + 'There';
>.. . . in the FormCreate event handler.

*laugh* I thought I must share this little trick - still not to do with the
object inspector, but the last time I tried it, it worked; most amusingly so
:)

Right click on the form, and select View as text.

Find the Hint property in question, and change the text to something like:

  'I would like this'#13#10'to be a multiline'#13#10'hint!!'

(You don't need + with the #xx characters)

Now right-click, select View as form, and run that puppy :)

Happy hinting :)

  --=- Ritchie Annand

Re:hints in delphi 3


In article <6dgpto$g0...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>, Florian Schaeffer
<floho...@linux.zrz.tu-berlin.de> writes

Quote
>Hi!

>How I enter a new line char (LF, CR, #13 etc.) for hint in the object
>inspector?

>Thanks. Florian

>--
>Florian Schaeffer, Naunynstrasse 54, D - 10999 Berlin-Kreuzberg
>Tel. privat: 030/615 25 45
>http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schlumpf/

>Wir muessen lernen unsere Traeume zu leben, statt vom Leben zu traeumen.

There is an expert or similar (probably on the Delphi Super page or
Torry's). I cannot at present recall what its called. But when installed
this will add the ellipse button to the hint editor, when pressing this
you can enter multiline text directly into the object inspector.

Mark

Re:hints in delphi 3


-

Quote
>>Florian Schaeffer, Naunynstrasse 54, D - 10999 Berlin-Kreuzberg
>>Tel. privat: 030/615 25 45
>>http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schlumpf/

>>Wir muessen lernen unsere Traeume zu leben, statt vom Leben zu traeumen.

>There is an expert or similar (probably on the Delphi Super page or
>Torry's). I cannot at present recall what its called. But when installed
>this will add the ellipse button to the hint editor, when pressing this
>you can enter multiline text directly into the object inspector.

>Mark

I believe it is The RX Tools components. After installing it, i had an
ellipsis next to the hint property.

Other Threads