How can my component tell when it's parent has changed?

I have a component which holds references to various other user
selected controls on the form. If the component is moved into a Panel
etc, the controls it refers too are no longer valid.

How can my component tell when it's parent has changed, so that I can
remove the offending controls from the internal list?

Many thanks,

Iain.
----------------------------------
Iain Magee
iainmagee.enterprise.net
----------------------------------

Re:How can my component tell when it's parent has changed?

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:34:34 GMT, iainma...@enterprise.net (Iain

Magee) wrote:
>I have a component which holds references to various other user
>selected controls on the form. If the component is moved into a Panel
>etc, the controls it refers too are no longer valid.

>How can my component tell when it's parent has changed, so that I can
>remove the offending controls from the internal list?

Override Notification. See the help file for details.
--
Ray Lischner             (send email to "lisch" at tempest-sw.com)
Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)

Other Threads