Different screen resolutions

When running an application on different PC's, the sizes of forms and
controls may be different due to screen resolution.
Is it possible to detect the current screen resolution at runtime
and then change the sizes of all forms and controls ?

Who has encountered the same problems ?

Michel Van Belle

Re:Different screen resolutions

michel <smey...@mail.interpac.be> wrote in article
<331054BB.2...@mail.interpac.be>...

> When running an application on different PC's, the sizes of forms and
> controls may be different due to screen resolution.
> Is it possible to detect the current screen resolution at runtime
> and then change the sizes of all forms and controls ?

> Who has encountered the same problems ?

> Michel Van Belle

I hope that this is in some FAQ somewhere, since it keeps comming up. I use
the Screen.Width variable and select options based on the value returned:
640, 1024, etc.

HTH, Doug Lurie

Re:Different screen resolutions

michel <smey...@mail.interpac.be> wrote in article
<331054BB.2...@mail.interpac.be>...

> When running an application on different PC's, the sizes of forms and
> controls may be different due to screen resolution.
> Is it possible to detect the current screen resolution at runtime
> and then change the sizes of all forms and controls ?

> Who has encountered the same problems ?

> Michel Van Belle

I found a fairly good component called GTSizer.  It's the best I could
find.  It resizes your form (and components) on the fly.

Re:Different screen resolutions

I do not represent the company, nor did I write the initial note, but
GTSizer is written by GenoTechs who can be contacted at www.genotechs.com.

Ken
--------------------------------------
Notice at no time do my fingers leave my hands...
--------------------------------------
k...@anatec.com
ka...@oakland.edu

Kerry Sanders <code...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<332915df.92029...@news.mindspring.com>...

> On 26 Feb 1997 21:06:03 GMT, "Glenn Jones" <g...@logicworld.com.au> wrote:

> |I found a fairly good component called GTSizer.  It's the best I could
> |find.  It resizes your form (and components) on the fly.

> Mind passing along where you found it?

> -----
> Kerry Sanders
> http://www.mindspring.com/~ksanders/