FTP Problem

I'm using the TIdFTP component, I'm trying to download a 4.5MB file from our
web server over a 56K modem to test the application over a more slower
connection than our DSL line.  The FTP component is working until about half
way, then it stops working and seems like it went IDLE, it stays in this
state until I abort ( Aborted after 3 hours ).  Is anyone having this
problem as well.  I tried to use the Demo FTP and again it did the same
exact thing.  I'm using Indy 8.  Thanks.  Gary Cox

Re:FTP Problem

I did some research and found the TIdFTP is{*word*154} in a ReadString(i); the
code is in TIdTCPConnection. The following line: s := ReadString(i); in
procedure: procedure TIdTCPConnection.ReadStream(AStream: TStream;
AByteCount: Integer = -1; const AReadUntilDisconnect: Boolean = False); I
guess it is unable to get the information out of the buffer so it waits.

"Gary Cox" <G...@Vestanotes.com> wrote in message news:3cf62eda$1_1@dnews...
> I'm using the TIdFTP component, I'm trying to download a 4.5MB file from
our
> web server over a 56K modem to test the application over a more slower
> connection than our DSL line.  The FTP component is working until about
half
> way, then it stops working and seems like it went IDLE, it stays in this
> state until I abort ( Aborted after 3 hours ).  Is anyone having this
> problem as well.  I tried to use the Demo FTP and again it did the same
> exact thing.  I'm using Indy 8.  Thanks.  Gary Cox

Other Threads