DTS CustomTask and Connections

Hi All,

I have a question about using DTS Connections -
What is the best way to use Connection Object of the DTS Package within
Custom Task, should I try to convert DTSConnection to ADO Connection or to
get one of the OLEDB interfaces and use it?
Any example will be appreciated.

Thank You.

Re:DTS CustomTask and Connections

Up until SP2 of 7.0 it was possible to read the properties of the connection
and "clone" an ADO Connection, the password property was made write only in
7.0 SP2 and SQL2000, although if the connection is using NT Auth it doesn't
matter.

There is a method on an DTS Connection object called AquireConnection, this
returns a pointer to an OLE DB Session object, if you are happy to write OLE
DB code in Delphi then you can use that connection.

-Euan

"Vadik" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi All,

> I have a question about using DTS Connections -
> What is the best way to use Connection Object of the DTS Package within
> Custom Task, should I try to convert DTSConnection to ADO Connection or to
> get one of the OLEDB interfaces and use it?
> Any example will be appreciated.

> Thank You.

Re:DTS CustomTask and Connections

Thank you very much!

I cannot say that I'm happy to write OLE DB code in Delphi, but through  OLE
DB Session object I can achieve connection string and open regular ADO
Connection. Thank you again.

Vadik

"Euan Garden" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]
> Up until SP2 of 7.0 it was possible to read the properties of the
connection
> and "clone" an ADO Connection, the password property was made write only
in
> 7.0 SP2 and SQL2000, although if the connection is using NT Auth it
doesn't
> matter.

> There is a method on an DTS Connection object called AquireConnection,
this
> returns a pointer to an OLE DB Session object, if you are happy to write
OLE
> DB code in Delphi then you can use that connection.

> -Euan

> "Vadik" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > Hi All,

> > I have a question about using DTS Connections -
> > What is the best way to use Connection Object of the DTS Package within
> > Custom Task, should I try to convert DTSConnection to ADO Connection or
> > get one of the OLEDB interfaces and use it?
> > Any example will be appreciated.

> > Thank You.

Other Threads